Fatehehhhh's Forum of Death
Wait, why are you here if you aren't signed in? To sign up, of course! 8D *shot*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wait, why are you here if you aren't signed in? To sign up, of course! 8D *shot*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» FFOD IS CLOSED
The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 11:41 pm by Fatehehhhh

» Poetry is truly a marvel.
The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:16 am by Fatehehhhh

» L4D2 videos By Megamaxmax/Luin
The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:57 pm by Daunted Jester

» Super Meat Boy.
The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:40 pm by Daunted Jester

» Discussion That Doesn't Need A Seperate Topic
The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:46 pm by Fatehehhhh

» Guess why...
The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:34 pm by Daunted Jester

» Tobi's Arts ;D
The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:07 pm by Fatehehhhh

» Super SMash Bros.
The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:48 pm by Japan Rose

» Drop a Duece
The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:20 am by FlamingoBones

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead

4 posters

Go down

The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead Empty The great topic of L4D2

Post by Megamaxmax Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:04 pm

About time someone made a topic for the awesome game that is L4D2 FYI, the game is selling for about $7 right now on Steam
Megamaxmax
Megamaxmax

Character Sheet
Character Name:
Affinity: Neutral
Abilities:

Back to top Go down

The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead Empty Re: The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead

Post by Fatehehhhh Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Because we don't have a section for third-party stuff. [/sarcasm]

But I was planning on getting it for PC so that I could get my hat and Frying Pan for TF2, but to no avail. I do, however, have L4D 1 and 2 for Xbox 360 and have purchased Crash Course and The Passing. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a chance to get The Sacrifice for either game.

RIP Bill... ;_____;
Fatehehhhh
Fatehehhhh
Admin A' Nature
Admin A' Nature

Character Sheet
Character Name: Knexas
Affinity: Evil
Abilities: Vampirism, flight, control over darkness and fire

https://ffod.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead Empty Re: The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead

Post by Daunted Jester Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:36 am

Left 4 Dead is better than Left 4 Dead 2 I mean its fun but it just fails in some sections were the first game excelled.

L4D2s main flaws really shine in VS the new guns are over powered the infected feel much weaker and they dont have many places to truly trump the human players. The Tank and witch are jokes and dont get me started on the melee weapons. Not only do the survivors feel too strong but the game encourages rushers because the VS score is based on your distance through the map and not your health like in the first game. This makes teams suffer from lack of teamwork in random games i know the same happens in L4D but its not as bad because it doesn't encourage rushers to go Rambo and rush through the map.

The second game also lacks the great atmosphere of the first. In the first game each level felt different even if they didnt look as good. No Mercy Death Toll Dead Air and Blood Harvest are all great.
In Left 4 Dead 2 I found myself only really enjoying Swamp Fever Dark Carnival and The Parish.

Im sorry for going off on a rant there im stopping myself now because I have more to say but yeah......

Anywho anyone that cares to argue just say and ill gladly defend my points.

and to brighten the mood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l60O1DVJihU&feature=related

Daunted Jester
Daunted Jester
Admin of the Vegas Strip
Admin of the Vegas Strip

Character Sheet
Character Name: Jester
Abilities: control over wind.

Back to top Go down

The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead Empty The even greater topic of Left 4 Dead

Post by Daunted Jester Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:47 am

Isn't Left 4 Dead great I mean the game is fun and balanced the maps are great the Tank and Witch actually feel threatening. Good times I mean really It even has great character like Sexy Grandpa Bill Zoey,Louis and Francis. A Great game thats still goin strong.
Daunted Jester
Daunted Jester
Admin of the Vegas Strip
Admin of the Vegas Strip

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Megamaxmax Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:56 am

Well L4D1 was more of a horror but in L4D2, they lightened up. Yes the zombies are weaker and teams are often very uneven on Vs but that will do one of three things, 1. Make the weaker players rage quit 2. Make other people try to get better before playing Vs. 3. Get rid of all the noobs
When you play L4D2 Vs. the worst you get are little kids and mic spammers and even then they are rare. As for tanks witches and other things, I never really played the first one so I can't say much about that. As for rushing, it does work if you do it right, and the other three tend to stay close to each other, rushing doesn't happen often in the Vs. games I have played. And to finish I would like to state that while L4D2 is easier and harder in Vs., L4D1 will always have everyones favorite survivors
Megamaxmax
Megamaxmax

Character Sheet
Character Name:
Abilities:

Back to top Go down

Post by Daunted Jester Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:51 pm

The only issue is that were talking about two different communities and although I have played the PC version of both games I am primarily an Xbox gamer simply because I prefer consoles.

So in a way arguing the community is a fruitless task since we play on different platforms. Also the easier/harder in vs? uhm.....no....on the Xbox it is just easier because the little kids tend to rush thinking that there invincible when in fact there just idiots. In the end It comes down to OP weapons and two nearly useless infected.

Another large issue I have is the running crescendos on expert difficulty they were the only thing keeping me from soloing each campaign which in the end makes me sad.

of course your on the PC so If you would like to argue game mechanics and the usefulness of the jockey and spitter then im game.

Now then If someone with an Xbox would like to argue the other points then lets go id like to see your point of views.
Daunted Jester
Daunted Jester
Admin of the Vegas Strip
Admin of the Vegas Strip

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by FlamingoBones Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:08 pm

I love both L4D's but who does not?
It is a greeeaat series by great devolopers
I dont like some of the new Zombies in 2 but the story is awesome because.... it actually has one.
The passing is veeeerry good to i bought it but have not played itmuch
FlamingoBones
FlamingoBones
Admin In the Haystack (LAWLZ)

Character Sheet
Character Name: Emblem
Abilities: Ice, Speed, Strength.

http://flamingo.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatehehhhh Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:50 pm

Well, if you pay attention, it seems like L4D1's story fits together more reasonably than L4D2's. The only thing L4D2 does better than L4D1 in terms of storytelling is actually showing how the Survivors (more or less) met. Otherwise, L4D1 fit together much easier in my opinion. The story seemed much more realistic, and as mentioned by Cody and I, atmospheric. Besides, L4D2 doesn't have Church Guy.
Fatehehhhh
Fatehehhhh
Admin A' Nature
Admin A' Nature

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by FlamingoBones Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 pm

haha well fatehehhh tht part is quite true church guy is awesome haha.
but all in all valve is making great games and L4D2 and L4D1 are right up there in the top games on my list. but i do for some reason enjoy 1 more maybe because the levels and campaigns are the shit.
FlamingoBones
FlamingoBones

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Megamaxmax Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:18 pm

You can still play them in L4D2 if you get the PC version, you can play No Mercy on the Xbox but you can add the other ones as add ons
Megamaxmax
Megamaxmax

Character Sheet
Character Name:
Abilities:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatehehhhh Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:47 pm

Megamaxmax wrote:You can still play them in L4D2 if you get the PC version, you can play No Mercy on the Xbox but you can add the other ones as add ons

I'll give you No Mercy, but I was talking about the core game. Besides, I don't have the PC version. :trollface:
Fatehehhhh
Fatehehhhh
Admin A' Nature
Admin A' Nature

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by FlamingoBones Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:11 am

No mercy is definatly the ORIGINAL L4D campaign i love that one soooooo Much you can not deny the fun of that map
FlamingoBones
FlamingoBones

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daunted Jester Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Sadly though the games are much more different even if they have the same campaigns.....Ah well most sequels do tend to mess up.
Daunted Jester
Daunted Jester
Admin of the Vegas Strip
Admin of the Vegas Strip

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by FlamingoBones Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:32 pm

true that. well they didnt mess up to bad though.
FlamingoBones
FlamingoBones

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down